Innocence Canada and the Innocence Canada Foundation would not be able to function without the support of our generous donors and loyal funders.
In the years since Innocence Canada’s inception, we have received the following types of funding:
- Grants to Innocence Canada
- Donations to Innocence Canada
- Pro-bono services and gifts in-kind to Innocence Canada
In July of 2010, the Innocence Canada Foundation was established as a Canadian Registered Charity and receives the following types of funding:
- Grants to the Innocence Canada Foundation
- Donations to the Innocence Canada Foundation
- Pro-bono services and gifts in-kind to Innocence Canada Foundation
Our Past and Present Donors and Funders
We would like to extend a special note of gratitude to The Law Foundation of Ontario for many years of loyal and generous support.
In May 2015 an exciting funding pilot project was announced that will see Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) provide Innocence Canada with funds for post-conviction legal services and education. We are grateful for LAO’s support.
In December 2016, the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario announced a generous three year funding initiative for Innocence Canada. We would like to extend our sincere gratitude for this generous support.
We would like to thank The Law Society of Upper Canada for their support. The Law Society of Upper Canada has supported Innocence Canada both with in-kind donations and as part of a three year funding initiative announced in December 2016.
We would like to acknowledge the support of the Department of Justice of Canada who have awarded funding for a three year project to support the wrongly convicted and their families.
We would also like to express deep gratitude to the following funders who have supported us and believed in the importance of the work we do:
- The Aurea Foundation
- The McLean Foundation
- The Yukon Law Foundation
- The Canadian Bar Association, Yukon Branch
- The Black Family Foundation
- The Bennett Family Foundation
- Lexis Nexis
We acknowledge and thank the following individuals for believing in the work that we do and choosing to assist us financially.
$10,000 or more
- Justice Ian Cartwright & Pat Cartwright
- M. Réjean Hinse
- Mr. William Gibbons
- Mr. George Allain
- Mr. Perry Catena
- Mr. Ron Storozuk
- Estate of David Yasuzawa
- Canadian Auto Workers (CAW)
$1,000 or more
- Weaver, Simmons LLP
- Harvey Thibeault
- Bruce McGoveran
- Mr. and Mrs. Derek Day
- Greenspan Humphrey Lavine
- Criminal Lawyers Association
- John Clark
- Mark Appel
- McCarthy Tétrault Foundation
- Owen Sound Criminal Lawyers Association
- Universal Pictures and Beacon Pictures
- University of Ottawa, Criminal Law Students’ Association
Other Friends of Innocence Canada
Thank you to all our other donors who have committed any amount to assist us in the work that we do. Every donation counts.
We would like to extend our gratitude to KBS. KBS has contributed extensive pro-bono work to Innocence Canada and the Innocence Canada Foundation since 2016 including the re-branding of “AIDWYC” to “Innocence Canada” and a significant fundraising and awareness campaign.
We would like to thank the following firms and organizations for their generous gifts of service.